Are you looking for the best betting websites to sign up to? Well we’re here to help you in your search for the best site for you. Just take a look at the table below where you will find a selection of online betting offers from a range of our favourite websites:
How do free bets actually work?
Every single welcome bonust that you claim will work in a slightly different way but there tends to be 2 main ways in which they operate.
- Bet a specific amount set by the bookmakers in order to get your free bet
- Deposit a specific amount and the bookies will reward you with your bonus based off that deposit.
Looking at the first type of welcome offer we can use the Betfred bonus as a prime example. They currently offer a £60 in free bets once you sign up and deposit/bet £10 into your account. These types of offers are great for the casual punter who wants to place a casual bet here and there.
The second offer is for customers and punters who like to bet larger amounts as they tend to offer a much bigger bonus but you need to put up more of your own money as collateral.
The biggest ones current are bet365 who offer new customers a 100% matched deposit welcome bonus up to £200. So in order to claim this you will need to deposit £200 into your account, wager £200 and regardless of whether you win or lose you will be credited with your £200 bonus. This is unlike 10Bet who have a 50% deposit bonus which will require you to deposit £400 instead to get the full £200 on offer.
After you’ve been credited with your free bet cash you wont be able to just withdraw it otherwise the bookmakers would be giving money away for free. You will need to wager through it a specific amount of times. This varies depending on each site you sign up to ranging from 1x to 7x. The general rule of thumb is the bigger the free bet the higher the wagering requirement.
What are the best betting websites?
While there is no set best betting website this is due to everyone having different wants and needs when betting online. However when reviewing betting websites we have a set criteria that we like to use:
Here is our checklist of what we consider when reviewing each site:
- Welcome Bonus– We’ve already briefly touched on this but bettors should always choose an offer that is within their comfort range. The last thing you want to do is go to big and end up committing more money than you can afford. Sports betting is an exciting and fun past time and punters should always gamble responsibly.
- Existing customer offers– For a bookies to be successful they need to provide bonuses for their existing customers through loyalty schemes and promotions.
- Live Streaming – Some not all betting websites will allow you to live stream sporting events that you have placed a bet on. It tends to be the bigger bookmakers like Betfair, Bet365, Ladbrokes, Sky Bet and Paddy Power which allow this. While they don’t stream Premier League matches they do stream some of the top flight matches from the foreign leagues.
- Betting Markets– This is something that bettors do not need to worry about as much nowadays, unless you’re going to be betting on obscure leagues and sports then all of the betting sites you see on our list will contain all of the markets that you could possibly want.
- Odds– we’re all betting because we want to win money, so to win money we need odds and the better the odds the more money you will win. Its always good to have multiple betting accounts with different bookies so you can compare the odds, however it has been touted that for football betting Betvictor offer the best around.
- Interface– This depends completely on you, what you find appealing at a bookies may be different than another person. As long as the site is pleasing on the eye and easy to use then it shouldn’t be a problem. Our personal preference has to be either Betvictor or Bet365 after their site redesigns.
- Mobile betting– Mobile is quickly becoming the way bettors place bets, over 50% of customers choose to bet from their phone as opposed to betting from a desktop computer. If the site doesn’t have an app then they will certainly have their site mobile optimised.
The checklist above is how we review each betting website and its something we believe that you should use to try and suss out the good sites from the bad. However for the more casual bettor amongst us who choose to bet on football/horse racing then its more than likely that all of the sites we have listed on our table will be suitable for your needs.
Keep in mind that you should only register an account with UK licensed betting website as its now getting easier than ever to set up an online bookies so don’t bet with a site you know nothing about. Fortunately though all of the websites that we have listed on Best Betting Websites are licensed in the UK.
Which websites offer the best betting offers for their existing customers?
We try to update our site on a regular basis with any offers and promotions that we get sent by the bookmakers.
People who bet on a frequent basis tend to have a selection of betting accounts at their disposal meaning when it comes to placing a bet they will more likely bet with the account offering the best odds or promotions surrounding the event. There tend to be 5 standard types of promotions available for sports bettors and these are:
- Free bets– These can be offered around a specific event in order to persuade punters to bet with them e.g. bet £10 pre match and get a £10 in play bet on a specific game.
- Money back refunds – This is where you will be refunded if your bet loses e.g. money back if Arsenal win.
- Price Enhancements – Bookmakers will sometimes enhanced the prices of certain events meaning you can win even more money than before.
- Accumulators – Promotions centred around accumulators tend to be either extra winnings or money back if a leg lets you down.
- Loyalty/VIP programs –You’ll be credited with points that can be cashed in for prizes and free bets.
Now this is an area where online betting websites will vary with how many offers they have on offer. Bet365 is a great one for horse bettors as they have plenty of horse racing centric offer such as best odds guaranteed and their ITV 4/1 racing promotion
Its not just Bet365 who have a great array of promotions, Betway, William Hill, Betfred and Paddy Power will have at least one promotion on each race. So its wise to check out the sites list of promotion for the day to see who offers the best bets.
With everything the punters who put in the work comparing on the day will end up being the best rewarded.