Best Online Bookmakers for 2016
With the invention of the internet it seems everyone wants to own their own bookmakers nowadays which means the market has been flooded with some great ones and then the not so great rogue bookies that we all try to avoid. Below are a selection of the best online bookmakers for 2016 which you will be able to choose from, we will be adding more to the list as time goes on so keep your eyes peeled:
The Best Online Bookmakers For 2016
We’ve decided to list our five favourite online bookmakers and provide a bit of reasoning behind why we like them so much.
1. Bet365 - Best All Rounder
Bet365 have been voted our best all round bookmakers and one betting site that you should definitely be signed up for. They first opened up back in 2000 and were one of the first online bookmakers to fully embrace the online betting world with a huge customer base from all the over the world they have one of the largest selection of betting markets to choose from so no matter what sport you’re interested in you’ll always be able to find something at Bet365.
- Bet365 currently offer any new customer that signs up two different welcome bonuses, the first is a £200 welcome bonus where they will match up to £200 of your initial deposit and then you’ll be able to claim a second bonus of £50 if you make the move and download their dedicated mobile betting application.
- Customers who place a bet on sports will be able to stream the game directly to their mobile or desktop device and if you don’t fancy streaming you can even watch it play out in front of you on their unique in-play interface.
- Access to all of Bet365’s products with just one customer account, whether you fancy a go on their online casino, play netents latest games on their vegas product, play bingo or poker you can do all this one just one customer account.
Visit Bet365 Today
2. Betfair- Best Betting Exchange
Betfair first began as a Betting Exchange back in the early 2000’s this unique service allowed bettors to both back and lay markets meaning they could essentially become the bookmakers themselves allowing other punters to bet against them. As this side of the business began to grow they moved into creating their own sports-book which has now become just as popular as their exchange is.
- Betfair are known to push out some ridiculous welcome offers with will allow you to back a match at ridiculous odds such as 14/1 Arsenal to beat Bolton. When these offers aren’t around you can claim a £30 free bet instead.
- Customers who sign up to the sportsbook will also be able to access the exchange meaning you can back a match on the sportsbook and move on to the exchange and then lay the opposite so they can always turn a profit.
- Like bet365, Betfair offer more than just sports betting with a dedicated online casino, bingo room and poker room for you to play at.
Visit Betfair Today
3. William Hill - Reliable & Trustworthy Brand
One of the oldest bookmakers in the bookmaking industry, they first started back in 1934 and have been one of the few bookies to survive this long without closing down. They have shops up and down the country and even around Europe so it was only right that they would become an instant success online providing a great selection of markets with competitive prices over pretty much any sport you could imagine.
- Customers will have the choice of two different free bets to choose from, whether they want to take a £25 matched bet or if they would prefer to claim 2 x £10 free bets from just depositing and wagering £10.
- Imaginative promotions, one of our favourites is the premier league prediction promotion, this is where you’re meant to predict all the positions of the premier league for a chance to win £50 million.
- A brand you can trust, a betting company doesn’t last this long without having an upstanding reputation, William Hill is one of the most trustworthy bookmakers around.
Visit William Hill Today
4. Betfred - Best Football Promotions
Betfred are another pre internet bookmaker, they have shops up and down the United Kingdom and with their recent acquisition of the Tote this number now stands at over 1,300. Created in 1980 by two brothers called Fred & Peter Done they grew from just one shop out of Salford in Greater Manchester to the company that you see today. With a £30 free bet up for grabs and with so many fantastic promotions available for football fans, Betfred are definitely a bookies that you want to include in your betting site list.
- All new customers who sign up today will be able to claim a £30 free bet just from a £10 deposit.
- King of bonuses, they have a great selection of EXISTING customer promotions which everyone will be able to benefit from such as double delight, hatrick heaven and goals galore which are their own creations which you wont be able to find at any of the other bookmakers on site.
- Access to all of the products available on Betfreds site, so whether you want to move over to play the latest Playtech games of if you’d prefer to have a go at their poke you can access all of this from just one of your customer accounts.
Visit Betfred Today
5. Ladbrokes - Oldest Bookmakers
Ladbrokes are the oldest bookmaker on our list, having been around since 1886 they have stood the test of time having grown to one of the largest land based bookmakers and one of the largest online with over 10,000 employees.
- Customers who sign up today through betting sites will be able to claim themselves a £50 welcome bonus, deposit and wager £50 on your first bet and you will be rewarded with a £50 free bet to use how you want to.
- Undergoing a massive only expansion by purchasing the 2nd biggest betting exchange after Betfair called Betdaq, another acquisition that Ladbrokes have made is the purchase of another bookies Coral and once this goes through they will then be both the largest online and offline betting sites.
- One of the best in-play bookmakers around offering customers the chance to live stream any sport that they have a bet in-play on.
Visit Ladbrokes Today
6. ComeOn - Best Newcomer
ComeOn certainly aren’t one of the most well known bookmakers but that doesn’t mean they aren’t worth a punt. They are growing incredibly quickly thanks to offering some of the better odds in the business as well as the exclusive welcome bonus that they have given us to offer to our customers. In fact they offer one of the largest bonuses on our table, even better its completely exclusive so you wont be able to find their free bet anywhere else apart from here so make sure you claim your £200 for free today.
- New customers who sign up with our site will be able to get a £200 exclusive free bet that you wont be able to find anywhere else. There is a wide range of promotions that are bound to get you excited while betting.
- Provide customers with a dedicated mobile application which will allow you to place bets on the go whether you access their mobile optimised website or you download the dedicated mobile application straight from the app store.
- Easy to use layout which even the newest of gamblers will be able to navigate safely around.
Visit ComeOn Today
7. BetVictor - Best Football Odds
Betvictor was one of the first bookmakers to move into the online world, created by Victor Chandler they were pioneers of internet betting and because of this early exposure they quickly grew in the UK power house that you see today. Customers will be able to benefit from a combination of some of the best odds and promotions in the business for football. They cover more leagues and more markets than any other bookmaker when it comes to the English football leagues, so if you’re planning to bet on football Betvictor should certainly be in your betting sites list.
- Customers who sign up to BetVictor today are able to take advantage of an exclusive free bet, you can get a bet £10 get £60 offer which is without a doubt one of the largest free bets in the business. All you need to do is place a £10 bet at evens or more and after your first bet has been settled you’ll be credited with £60 in bonus funds to bet with.
- Take advantage of the best football odds in the business, odds checker themselves have even confirmed that BetVictor is always one of the first bookies on the net to price up matches and always end up offering the largest odds on the majority of matches.
- Great promotions, Betvictor have a great array of promotions for you to claim from acca insurance, money back offers, matched deposit bonuses and more.
Visit BetVictor Today
For every online bookmaker that we review we will do it in a particular way covering all of the features that they have:
- General Overview: In the first bit of our review we will be looking at the history of the bookmakers and how they started, whether they were a land based bookies such as William Hill or if they first started in the online age like Bet365. We will be looking at their history, their owners and any USP’s that they may have which sets them apart from the rest.
- Site Layout & Ease of Use: One of the most annoying features of a bookmakers is when they have a poor layout, it makes navigating around the site incredibly difficult. In this section we take a look at how the site has been laid out, whether or not it will be easy to use for a the novice bettor. When looking at the “ease of use” we pay attention to what features and how easy it is to add bets to your betting slip, pick accumulators and so on.
- Markets Available: Depending on which betting site you sign up to will affect which kind of markets are available for you to choose from. Sites like Boylesports will have a bigger focus on Irish horse racing where as Betfred has a better focus on the UK football markets. There are even sites like Bet-At-Home who take a more international approach pricing up the markets on European football.
- Live Betting: With this now becoming one of the more popular markets for internet gamblers bookmakers have turned their attention to providing a good enough service. In this section we will be looking at the sports that they have on offer, the different kind of markets and how good the odds are when they’re being priced up.
- Odds: In this section we will be looking into the odds and prices of any of the markets they have on offer, we will compare it to other betting sites and see where they stand in comparison. Some bookmakers will focus more on providing better odds on a specific sports such as BetVictor who are known as one of the best in the industry for their odds on Football or Paddy Power who are well known for offering better odds on the UK and Irish horse races.
- Free Betting Offers: Here we will be looking at both the welcome bonus on offer which is generally a free bet and the promotions that they have on offer. We will be going into detail the terms surrounding the free bet such as how much you need to deposit and whether there are any wagering requirements then we will provide an overview of the kind of promotions that the online bookies offers and how you can claim them yourself.
- Customer Support: We’ve all been there before where we need to get help when we get into some trouble, thats why we look at the support that they have on offer such as Live Chat or telephone support and how quick they are at replying to you as well as what times they will be open to and from.
- Payment Methods: Here we will be covering two things, the first we will take a look at what payment methods are allowed for you to withdraw and deposit money into your betting account. Then we will be looking at typical withdrawal times and giving our opinion on which is the best option tot take.
Online Bookmakers V Land Based Bookmakers
The internet has truly revolutionised our lives, making everything from shopping to watching movies 100x easier and this has also had an impact on gambling, so much so popularity of betting in shops has had a sharp downturn due to more customers turning to gambling on their phones instead at a land based bookies.
One of the main reasons why online gambling has grown and offline has shrank is due to how convenient it is to be able to place a bet from your mobile phone which is much easier than actually having to walk to a shop to place a bet. Its also highly beneficial as you can now do it from where ever you are so even if you’re sat down in the local you’ll still be able to get a bet on without missing the next round.